Kelley
Tonight I was hit with a wave of homesickness. Not for the places, because I love it here, but for the people. I did laundry after school today, but I got distracted by supper and forgot my last load out in the washer. Old habits die hard holding on, I suppose. It isn't inconvenient for anyone else, because I am the only person in the building who uses the pila. But I didn't want my clothes to sit out all night in case it rained.

When I walked out the front gate, there were families everywhere. People on their patios across the street. Kids playing soccer in the street. Some people sitting around their dinner fire, eating and playing guitar. I felt so lonely.

As I was rinsing out my clothes, I happened to look up at the sky. San Pedro Sula is a pretty gross town when it comes to garbage and pollution. The sky is usually so dirty, there are no visible stars at all. Not even the 3 that you can see in Dallas. But tonight the sky was so clear, and there were stars everywhere. It was so beautiful. A few minutes later, clouds covered up pretty much everything again...I think it might rain tonight. But it was the perfect reminder that I'm never alone, even though I miss you guys. Just thought I'd share. Thanks for listening.

:snaps::
5 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    This reminded me of the Switchfoot song-Stars..When I look at the stars, when I look at the stars, when I look at the stars I see someone else, when I look at the stars I feel like myself. Check out the song, it rawks and refers to the stars if you cant tell already!

    Besos y almuerzo (lol)


  2. Anonymous Says:

    ::snaps::


  3. Anonymous Says:

    snaps :-) I am so glad you are blogging...


  4. sugarbee Says:

    Remember, a wise man once said..."If you do a little laundry everyday you will learn to like it"
    xxoo


  5. Unknown Says:

    Pish tosh! I tried what that wise man said and it didn't work for me.


Post a Comment