Kelley



Hello, hello, and welcome to my home! :)


This is my apartment building. It is brand new and very melon colored. There are eight apartments in the building, four downstairs and four upstairs.







If you turn either left or right at this gate, it will take you down a walkway to a patio area at the rear of the building. The walkways are gated, so you have to have a key to get in them. The main hallway is also gated, as you can see here. You have to use a key to enter and exit the building. Walking through this gate will get you to...









...this hallway. My apartment is #4, the second door on the left.











As you walk in the front door, you see the kitchen on the left.












The kitchen comes complete with a lovely view of the cinderblock wall with barbed wire topping. In the states, it would look like a prison. Here it looks like safety. And also a prison.


















If you walk straight through the front door instead of turning left, you walk into the bathroom. It's pretty standard...although it didn't come with any hardware, such as a towel rack or toilet paper holder, which just seemed odd. Little things like that, that I assumed would be here.

A right turn at the front door takes you to my boudoir. The windows in my bedroom look out onto the patio I mentioned at the very beginning.



















The patio really isn't a patio so much as it is the laundry area. Yes, my apartment did come complete with a washer and dryer. And yes, that is a picture of me standing at the washer, holding the dryer. There is a laundromat down the street that I can take my bigger pieces of laundry to, but this is where most of my stuff gets done. By me. While I work on my tan.

So there you have it. There is a guard post outside of my building, where a man with a machete sits all day and keeps an eye on our street. There will be a picture of him when I put up pictures of my neighborhood. He has terrible taste in cheese, but other than that he is a good person. As you can see, there it isn't very big. To those of you who were promised couch space, my apologies. There is room for an air mattress, though. In the air conditioned part of the apartment, even. So don't let the lack of couch discourage you from visiting!
1 Response
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Wow!! Thanks for the tour Kel, it was so informative! I feel like Ive been able to see a taste of the good life. Im sure you live like royalty compared to most there? Seeing as its 3rd World and all. Oh and your boudouir is lovely! Love you more!

    M


Post a Comment